Pages

21 June 2011

Take a time out....

Ah...into the thick of summer in the South...could it be any hotter? After six years here, I'm still not completely used the heat.  But I will say that the heat and sunshine produce the most beautiful outdoor landscapes.  Everywhere I turn....an abundance of blooms, full trees, green grass...absolutely lush and gorgeous.  That being said, among the many long lists of summer projects, one of my top "to-do's" is to start and end each day outside ~whether is be a long walk, working in the garden, or sitting on the front porch.  It is just plain peaceful and reminds me to be thankful of all that I have.  We are such a tiny piece of a huge puzzle that somehow fits together.  If I can hold onto this feeling after I've yelled at the kids to pick up after themselves.....after I've run up the stairs not knowing what I was looking for.....after I completely forget to pick up my daughter from camp.....I think it may be a great summer.  Ommmmmmm :)


"Look deep into nature,
and then you will understand everything better." 
~Albert Einstein



"Look at the trees, look at the birds, look at the clouds, look at the stars... 
and if you have eyes you will be able to see that the whole existence is joyful.
Everything is simply happy.
Trees are happy for no reason;
they are not going to become prime ministers or presidents
and they are not going to become rich and they will never have any bank balance.
Look at the flowers - for no reason.
It is simply unbelievable how happy flowers are."
~Osho

No comments:

Post a Comment